blog4zog

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Of Dreams and Belief

Ok, so I decide to read C.S.Lewis' A Grief Observed, right? I decide to snag a CD to play in the background. Perusing my collection, I get the soundtrack from "City of Angels," recalling the acoustic guitar bits at the end that I haven't listened to in a while.

Here's where it gets weird.

I'm reading along, and I get to page 45 where Lewis says:

"In which sense may it [faith] be a house of cards? Because the things I'm believing are only a dream, or because I only dream that I believe them?"

At which point I become aware that the Peter Gabriel song playing is "I Grieve" and the exact lyric that he is singing is:

"Did I dream this belief? Or did I believe this dream?"

2 Comments:

  • In reality it's all reality? And it's all a dream...is nothing happening on channel 6 while your watching channel 3...if you close your eyes is there nothing out there....don't you love it when you find yourself humming a tune, only to turn on the radio and it's playing? What if we could see radio waves or gamma rays it's only small frequency adjustments and sensitivities. As a musician you must deal with those little chages of pitch.Thoughts and the subtle impulses they dicharge, what if we could tune them in,and the ol stand by what if fart gas was visable such as breath on a cold day only with great colors...
    sorry your serendipity triggered al little mental dia...actually thats what usually ends up on my blog spot..

    By Blogger blogroller, at 2:45 PM  

  • Wow I got carried away with the thought imagine if thoughts came out spelled correctly..

    By Blogger blogroller, at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home